NEIS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, which means your gift to us is tax deductible! There are many ways to support NEIS:
Secure, Online Donation:
Network for Good
Shopping or Searching Online to benefit NEIS:
Benefit NEIS every time you do an internet search using this link!
If you shop at iGive, a portion of your purchases will be donated to NEIS at no cost to you.
Workplace and Company Giving:
NEIS is Part of EarthShare Illinois, a workplace giving program. Check here to see if your employer participates. If your workplace does not participate in ESI, contact NEIS and we can help you set it up!
1% For the Planet
One Percent for the Planet is an alliance of companies that recognize the true cost of doing business and donate 1% of their sales to environmental organizations worldwide. Encourage your business to join.
Just click here for our membership and donation form, which includes our mailing address on it.
Special Solar Benefit from Ailey Solar, Chicago:
Get a discount on your solar installation and NEIS gets $500!:
What your contribution to NEIS will support in 2017…
NEIS — Illinois’ nuclear power watchdog – enters its 36th year fighting for safe energy and a less-nuclear world! Last year over 91% of contributions went directly towards supporting our issue programs. Here’s what your giving will support in 2017:
- Continuing the “No More — No Way!” Campaign, fighting for a responsible phase out of nuclear plants in Illinois and elsewhere by:
— Exploring ways to reverse the Exelon $2.3 billion nuclear bailout for money-losing reactors in Illinois. Fight for a “just transitions” program for reactor closure communities.
— Continuing to work for the closure of the four GE Mark-I containment reactors in Illinois at Dresden and Quad Cities – the same type that melted down and exploded at Fukushima – pending safety reviews and design change.
— Continuing our “Defend Illinois!” campaign, exposing weak security and emergency planning conditions at Illinois’ 14 reactors and whistle-blower allegations about safety violations; and confronting authorities on post-9/11 reactor security vulnerabilities.
— Fight for a major revisions of the Illinois decommissioning statutes to protect ratepayers from fraud and abuse during reactor decommissioning.
— Oppose State reactor license permit variances that would allow reactors to thermally pollute Illinois rivers during extreme heat and drought conditions..
- Expanding our successful “You Can’t ‘Nuke’ Global Warming!” Campaign – a citizen education and action campaign on non-nuclear ways to fight global warming – through public presentations.
- Expanding our Radiation Monitoring Project to purchase and distribute radiation monitors to contaminated and front-line communities.
- Promoting the national Carbon Free-Nuclear Free Campaign: A Roadmap for US Energy Policy as a way to fight climate change effects while eliminating the use of nuclear and fossil fuels in the U.S. by 2040.
- “Don’t (Rad)Waste America!”
— Promote “hardened-onsite storage” (HOSS) of irradiated reactor fuel at Illinois reactors, especially at the Zion decommissioning project.
— Oppose the recommendation of DOE’s “Blue Ribbon Commission” on America’s Nuclear Future for the construction of “interim storage facilities” for high level radioactive wastes.
— Oppose DOE’s dangerous irradiated (spent) nuclear fuel
- Continue coalition work with the Illinois Climate Table and others, to establish local programs to reverse the negative effects of global warming, re-define the global warming issue in terms of climate justice, and creating solutions in terms of a
sustainable, green economic system.