NEIS has a number of events lined up for Earth Week 2019 — April 22-27.
We close out the week with a very special activity. We’re co-hosting a workshop with noted activist/organizer/author George Lakey who is in town to promote his new book, “HOW WE WIN: A Guide to Non-Violent Direct Action Campaigning. This will take place at NEIS on Saturday, April 27th, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (see below)
We hope that you will attend some of these events — and please, bring others along!
- 20, Sat, noon to 3 p.m., progressive forum at the Irish American Heritage Center, 4626 N. Knox Ave., Chicago. NEIS will have an info table there, and give a brief presentation. Free Food & Drink. $10 donation. Come help out at the table.
- 20. Sat, 6 p.m., SPECIAL EARTHDAY DEBATE: “Does New Nuclear Have a Major Role in Our Energy Future?” College of Complexes, Dappers East Restaurant, 2901 W. Addison, Chicago. $3 tuition; food optional and additional. Dennis Nelson, former Board member of NEIS will debate Tim Bolger of Thorium Energy Alliance.
- Happy Earth Day! 22, Mon., 10-1, NEIS info-tabling at the EarthDay event at Wright Junior College, 3400 N Austin Ave., Chicago. Come help out at the table!
- 24, Wed, 6:30 p.m., “Happening: A Clean Energy Revolution,” NEIS movie and discussion on renewable energy at NEIS, 3411 W. Diversey, Chicago.(please RSVP)
- 25, Thu., 7 p.m. legendary civil rights activist/organizer George Lakey, author of “How We Win: A Guide to Nonviolent Direct Action Campaigning ,” book signing at Women & Children First bookstore, 5233 N. Clark St. in Andersonville, Chicago.
- 26, Fri, 4-9 p.m. – Chernobyl film fest: 4:00 p.m. – Chernobyl: The Invisible Thief (59 min); 6:00 p.m. – Chernobyl Heart, The Darkside of Nuclear Power (40 min.); 7 p.m. – The Battle of Chernobyl (94 min.) Discussions will follow each film.
- April 27, Sat., 9:30 to 1:00 – “How We Win: A Guide to Nonviolent Direct Action Campaigning,” an activist training with legendary Quaker civil rights activist/author George Lakey; at NEIS, 3411 W. Diversey, Chicago. Suggested donation: $25, $10 for students with ID and low-income individuals. Advance registration required by e-mail (email@example.com), or phone (773)342-7650, space reserved for the first 30 registrants.
And lastly, understand that we can’t offer these kinds of programs without your continued financial support. Consider making a 100% tax-deductible donation TODAY to NEIS – Illinois’ only full-time anti-nuclear/safe-energy organization!
Thanks in advance. We look forward to seeing you at some of these events.
Be well, do great things, and – Happy Earth Day!