Nuclear Reaction Conference - Dec. 1, 2017
U-Chicago Atomic Propaganda Orgy Decoded by Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen & NEIS – Errors, Omissions & Lies, Oh My! – NH #337
The University of Chicago produced a month-long orgy of pro-nuclear self-congratulations to celebrate the first atomic pile, the chain reaction which started our collective nuclear nightmare. The events culminated in a Symposium, “Nuclear Reaction,” held on December 1, 2017, featuring relentless pro-nuclear propaganda.
Nuclear Hotseat was there to cover the events through the eyes of those who know enough to oppose nuclear, along with NEIS-sponsored events presented as a counterbalance.
Hear feedback and perspective on the human toll of the Atomic Age from:
- Arnie Gundersen, Chief Engineer, Fairewinds Energy Education
- Dave Kraft, Executive Director, Nuclear Energy Information Service (NEIS)
- Norma Field, PhD, the Robert S. Ingersoll Distinguished Service Professor Emerita of Japanese Studies at the University of Chicago
- NEIS Board Members and Activists, including Gail Snyder, Jan Boudart, Steven Sondheim (NEIS member, Sierra Club Nuclear Free Campaign).
Who Was There for the Pro-Nuclear Self-Congratulations?
- Former Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz
- President and CEO of Exelon, Chris Crane
- Representatives of Department of Energy, Stanford University, and of course, University of Chicago
Numnutz of the Week (For Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Fireworks?!? Shaped like a mushroom cloud?!? Exploded over the site of the first atomic pile, which led to all the rest of the nuclear madness?!? Someone needs to explain “mixed metaphor” to those numnutz at the U of C!