Say “NO!” to Exelon Nuclear Bailouts!
- $694 million from Illinois Legislature expected to pass on Monday, Sept. 13
- As much as $25 BILLION could go to Exelon from Congress
On Monday Sept. 13th the Illinois Legislature and Gov. Pritzker are expected to give yet another state bailout to fund corporate welfare queen Exelon’s money-losing Byron and Dresden nuclear reactors.
Some time that week Congress is expected to vote on the Budget Reconciliation and Infrastructure legislation in Washington. Nuclear lobbyists have been very active arranging for your pockets to be picked there too, once again.
We’re told we can’t afford a $15 minimum wage; can’t provide universal health care during a pandemic; and don’t have enough money to build new renewable energy sources to replace nuclear at a time of “Climate Code Red.” Yet, they can find money to bailout profitable nuclear corporations like Exelon.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Call Sens. Durbin [202-224-2152] and Duckworth [202-224-2854]; and tell them “No more nuclear bailouts! Fund renewables instead.”
- Call your representative to Congress with the same message. Call the Capitol Switchboard number [202-224-3121] if you don’t know his/her number. If you don’t know who that is, click this link and follow instructions.
- Find numbers for your state and fed officials at:
click “Find my elected officials”
Gov. Pritzker: 312-814-2121; 217-782-6830
For more information: NEIS, (773)342-7650; firstname.lastname@example.org